The OC board has declared a distribution of $10 per unit. Checks will be mailed tomorrow (10/29/2021) and direct deposits will be in banks tomorrow as well.Read More
AM I ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE CARES ACT GRANT (FUNDS) FROM OC?
As long as you: 1) were OC Shareholder on or before September 29, 2021; 2) were 18 years of age or older on or before November 19, 2021; and 3) incurred a loss of income or expenses and/or suffered other financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic between March 1, 2020, through December 31, 2021, you may be eligible to receive OC CARES Act funds.
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL I RECEIVE FROM OC?
The amount of COVID Relief Grant may be as much as $1,100 depending on how many applications are received and the amount of each shareholder’s expenses. However, the amount of any grant awarded may be reduced if the information submitted with the application does not support an award of the full amount or all shareholders submit an application.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY CHECK OR DIRECT DEPOSIT?
OC intends to distribute checks/make direct deposits during the third week in December; however, this date is not firm.
IF I RECEIVED CORONAVIRUS MONEY FROM ANOTHER ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATION, NATIVE TRIBE AND/OR THE STATE OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAN I STILL APPLY FOR OC CARES ACT FUNDS?
Yes, however, no recipient of CARES Act funds can “double dip.” This means that an OC Shareholder cannot apply for or receive funds from multiple organizations for the same loss or expense. For example, if an OC Shareholder had an unbudgeted, unreimbursed medical expense due to COVID-19 that cost $4,000, and that OC Shareholder already received $1,400 and $600 from the Federal Government and $1,100 from The Aleut Corporation, that shareholder could still apply for/receive $900 from OC because that expense has not yet been reimbursed by CARES Act funds. The shareholder is not entitled to the full $1,100 because $200 of that is considered “double dipping.”
DO I NEED TO SUBMIT RECEIPTS OR ANY OTHER FORM OF PROOF WHEN I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION
No, the federal guidelines do not mandate any specific level of proof. By submitting an application each shareholder is representing, agreeing and certifying, under penalty of perjury, that the statements made in the application are accurate.
WHAT CONSTITUES FINANCIAL HARDSHIP AND/OR UNREIMBURSED, UNBUDGETED AND NECESSARY EXPENSES?
The following is a general, non-exhaustive list of eligible necessary expenses:
- Unreimbursed medical expenses related to COVID-19
- Personal care items (Personal Protective Equipment such as masks, sanitizer, hygiene products, etc.)
- Quarantine costs (cleaning supplies, medical supplies, and equipment, etc.)
- Hotel costs if required to quarantine/isolate
- Groceries for food security during pandemic, including food shipping/delivery costs
- Transportation costs related to testing, procedures, or treatment related to COVID-19
- Home-related costs for sanitary and safe living conditions, such as air quality improvements
- Increased utility costs such as electricity, gas, propane, water, firewood, Internet, phone, etc., as a result of either working from home, quarantine, COVID illness
- Expenses for telework or distance-learning, including Internet and related equipment and fixtures (computers, modems, monitors, desks, etc.)
- Dependent care (childcare, food, homeschooling and other care supplies, etc.) due to school closures or other impacts due to COVID-19
- Time off of work either because of COVID-19 related expense or to quarantine
- COVID-19 tests
- Other necessary expenses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
WHAT IF I FILE MY APPLICATION AFTER NOVEMBER 19, 2021?
The application must be submitted by November 19, 2021 to ensure that OC meets the 12/31/21 deadline for issuing the checks.
OC encourages all Eligible Applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE A CANCELED CHECK TO SUBMIT BUT WANT MY MONEY DIRECT DEPOSITED?
The need for a canceled check is intended to protect the shareholder. If you do not have checks and/or a checking account please contact the OC Office at (907) 581-1276 to discuss another method of authorizing direct deposit.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
Applications must be postmarked or received by November 19, 2021. Applications may be submitted via the OC website or a paper copy delivered to either the Unalaska or Anchorage offices at 400 Salmon Way Unalaska, AK 99685 or 745 W. 4th Avenue Suite 306 Anchorage AK 99501 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE THE FUNDS TAXABLE?
No, any monies received by the shareholder will fall within the “general welfare” category and therefore not taxable. However, any CARES Act funds are subject to child support or tax lien withholdings.Read More
The Ounalashka Corporation will be holding a virtual meeting on Wednesday, October 20, 2021, at 12:00 P.M. to answer any questions OC Shareholders may have regarding the CARES Act Funding Application.Read More