The Ounalashka Corporation (“OC”) is actively recruiting for a Maintenance Technician. OC is in the City of Unalaska, located on Unalaska and Amaknak Islands where this position is based. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is a member of the maintenance crew and performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled construction and maintenance tasks for the Ounalashka Corporation. Work may be performed as part of a crew or alone, but supervision is routinely provided as the job progresses, and is inspected by the Maintenance Supervisor or designee upon completion.
The Maintenance Technician performs routine repair and maintenance of the Corporation’s commercial and residential structures, such as repairing plumbing, repairing doors and windows, repainting of walls, ceilings and exterior surfaces, repairing siding, roofing, repairing and air conditioning systems, landscaping and exterior grounds repair, and other related work as assigned.
Operate OC equipment in a safe and responsible manner as outlined by Equipment Training Manual and OC Training Program.
Promote the image of the Corporation at all times and maintain corporate confidentiality, including, without limitation, executing, delivering and performing Corporation’s Standard Confidentiality Agreement
Knowledge, Ability and Skills
– Knowledge of building maintenance and repair practices, methods and techniques.
– Must have or have the ability to obtain and retain a valid Alaska Driver’s License before starting work as well as possess and maintain a good driving record free of any DUI or other major driving infractions.
– Ability to use and operate the tools and equipment used in building construction and maintenance trades in a safe and effective manner.
– Operate equipment using proper safety standards and precautions.
– Work in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
– Perform heavy manual labor including bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, lifting heavy objects, and walking through rough terrain.
– Know how to determine what tools and suppliers are needed to accomplish routine assignments.
– Ability to follow safety rules, follow and take verbal and written direction, and record materials and hours needed to complete assignments.
– Know when and what tasks and problems to refer to superiors; and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
Education, Licenses/Certifications and Experience
– Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
– Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; an AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance, preferred.
– 4+ years of maintenance/repair/construction experience; mechanical and industrial skills with some plumbing and HVAC experience preferred.
– Must be highly motivated and able to work independently if required.
Compensation and Benefits:
– Highly competitive base salary and bonus structure package
– 20% 401(k) match and discretionary contribution.
– Company paid Health/Dental/Vision
- 1-2 years of employment = 120 Hours
- 3-5 years of employment = 168 hours
The position will remain open until Friday, July 19th.
Qualified individuals interested in this position should submit their resume to HR@Ounalashka.comRead More
The Ounalashka Corporation is hiring temporary employees to help the office staff with a variety of projects over the summer months. You must be at least 17 years old to qualify, and pay begins at $18/hr. If you, or someone you know, is interested, please stop by the Ounalashka office to fill out an application or download one here, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
The Ounalashka Corporation is actively recruiting to fill the position of Controller. OC is located on the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in Unalaska, Alaska, where this position is based. The Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting, recordkeeping, and reporting functions for Ounalashka Corporation. This position is required to have working knowledge of all accounting systems of the Company and is expected to understand all aspects of the Company’s business while serving as back up as needed to accounting functions. Learn more, or apply, here!Read More
Tuesday April 30 from 6 PM to 8 PM.
Come and meet with representatives from ROSSIA as they discuss plans for work at the Cathedral and Bishops House this summer!Read More
OC has Spruce trees available! Stop by the shop on Saturday, May 5 from 10 AM TO 2 PM to learn more or pick trees up.Read More
The Ounalashka Settlement Trust (OST) has declared an $11 per unit distribution! The distribution will be mailed and deposited on, Monday, April 29, 2019. If you have any questions or need to update your information please contact us at (907) 581-1276 or email@example.com.Read More